Wedding Hashtag Ideas - A One Stop Shop
Wednesday, October 26th, 2016
The greatest legacy that millennials will leave in the wedding world - the wedding hashtag. Here you'll find many wedding hashtag ideas.
Does one even need to designate a wedding hashtag? Not really. But then you leave the door open for your guests to come up with one (or many). And it may not be one you like.
A wedding hashtag collects your guest snaps in one place for easy viewing. Which is especially important if you don't have a photographer. Or less hours of photography coverage.
Also, creating one is easy and fun! Here's how to go about it:
- Whatever tag you choose, see if it's already in use. It may be tied to images that you don't want associated with your wedding.
- Keep it short! More memorable and easy to apply.
- The most straightforward method is to combine your last names. To ensure that the tag stays unique, simply add your wedding year at the end. #smithjames2016.
- If you have last names that can combine into a cute pun, go for it! For example, a friend's maiden name was "tchu" and her husband's name is "cook". Voila: #cookandtchu.
- You can also combine well known nicknames.
- Drop your name into a phrase or pun inspired by: Song lyrics, quotes, movie titles, catch phrases, inside jokes, etc. Though, if the phrase is too obscure, guests will be left scratching their heads.
- If creativity eludes you, use a wedding hashtag generator. Wedding Wire's is the best I've found so far. I like how it takes into account nicknames and wedding location to generate something more personalized.