Best Wedding Blogs For Inspiration and Planning
Wednesday, October 26th, 2016
Every year, the number of weddings blogs seems to multiply. So how do you know which are essential?
After all, you're planning a wedding! You only have so much time to browse blogs in addition to choosing and working with vendors, fielding advice/opinions/congrats from family members, and whatever else may pop up during this hectic time.
Even though all blogs showcase wedding style/inspiration, some do it better. So, I've categorized the blogs into two camps: inspiration vs practical advice.
- Style Me Pretty - This is the mother of all wedding blogs and an essential stop to gather inspiration. I love how easy-to-navigate the site is. You can browse real weddings (by season/venue/location) and trends in wedding decor, attire, and beauty. However, manage expectations when browsing the real weddings. Most of the featured weddings are elaborate and have LOTS of decor details (read: they are not the norm!). Jot down ideas you like. But don't feel compelled to match or have everything.
- Style Me Pretty Local - An offshoot of the main SMP blog. You can access this from the "SMP Blogs" dropdown menu. These are mini blogs that feature weddings from different US regions. From these, you can get a better idea of what your local wedding could look like.
- Green Wedding Shoes - Ok, so the hipster bohemian vibe of weddings featured here may not suit everyone, but I felt compelled to add this personal favorite. Features lots of Southern California weddings.
- A Practical Wedding - A counterbalance to SMP. APW is loaded with actionable advice on wedding activities such as creating a budget and deciding on a seating chart, Most useful of all are their downloadable planning tools.
- And if you can't get enough advice or are looking for something specific, hop on Martha Stewart Weddings or The Knot.
Wedding Forums (Message Boards)
During planning, you may have a specific question that isn't covered by an existing article. Or, you may want to share thoughts and glean moral support from fellow fiances/fiancees. In those cases, you'll want to solicit advice or start a discussion in a forum.
- The aforementioned APW doesn't have an open forum. However, you'll find active discussions in the comments section of many posts. Just locate an article that most pertains to your question and write it in the comments section.
- Wedding Wire, The Knot, and Wedding Bee all have open forums, where you can bring up anything (wedding related and appropriate, of course) your heart desires.
And if you really love browsing wedding blogs...
- You can get your fill here.